One for the Brits ...
Chroma: Queer Literary Journal and rukus! Federation Ltd are looking for a dynamic and fearless Intern Press and PR Officer to promote Fire This Time:
Queering Black History Month. The event, to be held in October 2006, is the first time Black and Asian LGBT artists and writers are joining together to showcase, create, and share new work.
You will have the opportunity to work with two of the most dynamic queer arts organisations in the UK.
JOB TITLE: Press and PR Officer
REPORTS TO: Fire This Time Co-ordinator.
HOURS: Flexible, working 1.5 days a week
Overall description of job
·To promote Fire This Time in London and Nationwide.
· To select and target key media audiences.
· Delivering press coverage that supports Fire This Time’s objectives.
· Maintaining and increasing public awareness of the event.
· Achieving coverage in local, national, and specialist press, TV and radio.
· Dealing with press enquiries
· Arranging interviews
· Working with a wide range of partners.
· Working with Chroma and rukus! teams to develop and deliver the PR strategy.
· Developing and sustaining a wide range of contacts
· Maintaining personal contact with key journalists
· Ensuring effective internal communication of press-related issues.
• Educated to Degree level preferably in Marketing/PR
Experience and Knowledge
• At least 1 year’s press and/or public relations experience
• Previous PR experience essential including press release writing and media handling
• Outstanding oral communication skills (telephone and face-to-face)
• Strong written style
• Organised, with attention to detail where relevant
• Confident with IT
• Knowledge of Media Disk a distinct advantage
• Able to work effectively with people at all levels of seniority and from very different backgrounds
• Able to manage own workload and on own initiative
• Confident and approachable manner
• Good team player
This is an unpaid position. Most of the work can be done from your home, though there will be regular meetings with the Chroma and rukus! teams. Travel expenses and all expenses relating to the job (phone calls, stationery, etc) will be covered. You will receive free entry to all our events and a 2-year subscription to Chroma.
Please email a cover letter and CV to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Deadline August 18, 5pm
Chroma is at www.chromajournal.co.uk
rukus! is at www.rukus.co.uk