Bookplates

It's a truism that a writer does not get to choose his or her publisher. The publisher chooses the author, of course. But if I could choose, right now, I would choose William Morrow in the USA.

Why?

Because they have just sent my good friend Ellen Meister a stack of bookplates to give out with SECRET CONFESSIONS OF THE APPLEWOOD PTA which is available as a hardback, or very mellow audio-book, read by Lisa Kudrow no less, from Amazon both US and UK.

I have one such in front of me, on which Ellen has written nice things that I'm too shy to share, but more even than the kind words, the beatiful gold-edged bookplate, with the publisher's details at the bottom and the legend 'Read the best books first or you may not have a chance to read them at all' - THOREAU at the top, has made me fall completely in love with William Morrow.

I wish they'd fall in love with me!

Labels: ,