Where to begin?

There was a time when I had things to blog about all the time – now, just when I know that I should be building my ‘platform’ (which my mind insists on translating to ‘scaffold’) I have almost nothing of interest to say.

The thing is, I no longer ruminate on the practice of writing because I’m worryingly busy doing it, which makes for a boring to non-existent blog.

This week I have:

• Found 67 words suitable for use as positive synonyms when describing cruise ships. I found about 40 others that weren’t so positive and therefore had to be ignored.
• Received my copy-edits. Looked at my copy-edits. Panicked very slightly.
• Been shortlisted for something
• Been not even long-listed for something else (I got those two completely the wrong way round: which pleases me greatly as the one I expected to place in was a kudos only contest while the one I didn’t expect to place in has some cash for the top three as well as kudos for all.)
• Had an odd inspiration that took me from writing about things marine, as in my last blog about the Shaun Levin workshop, to crocheting a sea anemone muff which has been extremely pleasant to use in the recent cold weather
• Filled about 50 seed packets with seeds to give away to promote ‘the book’.
• Remembered that I am allergic to lupins only after packing up a dozen packets of lupin seed and therefore managing to give myself the equivalent of a collagen implant lip at zero cost.

It’s not exactly high–performance is it? Maybe after Christmas I shall get some coruscating literary insights to share … in the meantime I hope you’re all keeping your hands warm.

Labels: , , ,