Blimey – book launch!

Yes, I’m still panicking. I do now have something to wear – a 1950’s sheath dress with an abstract fruit and vegetable print, plus some rather cute green leather shoes with floral buckles.

• I do have wine – donated by the awesome Ali of Barefoot Wines who is coming along to give lucky attenders at taste of California’s delicious wineries.
• I have chutney (my own) and real chutney – from the eminently tasty Emmerline Smy who is bringing her delicious relishes for folk to try.
• I have competitions: including a limerick competition to be judged by my own excellent literary agent (who, let me say, hates limericks, so this may be an ordeal for all concerned) and prizes … oh, you should see the prizes! The basket of crochet fruit, (the strawberries being but a single example), the beautiful circular strawberry bed, the honey pot …
• I have activity packs for littlies with fuzzy things and googly things and cute things and all that good stuff.
• I have (well, not yet I don’t but I know it will be there on the day) chocolate apple spice cake, made by my mother, a cook of almost unlimited talent.
• I have goody pots with seeds and sweets pens and all kinds of wonderful things inside and goody bags to take goodies home in.

And I have fear. Terrible, 2am fear. Suppose nobody turns up? Suppose too many people turn up. Suppose everything goes wrong?

So, for the last time, I promise, I’m asking you to join me to celebrate the launch of my book, “Minding My Peas and Cucumbers: Quirky Tales of Allotment Life”, 22 March 2011 18:30 – 20:30, West Blatchington Windmill, Holmes Avenue, Hove, BN3 7LE.

Labels: , , , ,